I hope that you already know about split tests and the only way to fine-tune your sales funnel is to split test it!
Let's discuss the strategy!
Core Logic: Testing different versions of the widget offer type (upsell offer #1 vs cross-sell offer #2)
In this strategy, we are going to split test 2 versions
- Split test Version #1: Showing
complementary product(cross-sell) for the main product
- Split test Version #2: Showing
upgradable product(upsell) for the main product
So at the end of split test, we will get to know whether customers are more likely to prefer buy upgradable version of the product or existing product with add-ons
Then you can further use Discount vs No discount + Coupon #3 or Popup vs In-Page #4 strategy to fine-tune the offer and displaying style.
We've already know how to Create a Simple Discounted Cross-sell Offer?
- Create a widget with
- Select complementary product as offer product
So let's move to the second step.
- Click on
Copy Widgetof version #1 >
Copy As New Split Test To>
- This will make the first widget as
Split test #Aand creates
Split test #B
Now same copy of the widget has been created!
Split Test #B, Change the offer type to
- Change the product with the
upgradable productand remove the old product from
split test #B
- Don't forgot to change the
Translations texts— How to use translations editor properly?
Save & Publishthe funnel
So our split test #A contains cross-sell offer and split test #B contains upsell offer
- It's recommended to give at least
7 daysto run split test or at least
1000 impressionsto get the results
- If you give more time for split tests to run, will get better results.
View Analyticson the funnel
- Check the numbers there, see the revenue and conversions
- We can clearly see that
split test #Aperforms better
- You can run split test another 7 days - 14 days to get better results.
- If you still see massive rejection in a split test, it's doesn't make sense to keep it live.
Edit Funneland remove the losing split test, here it's
Split test #B
Hope you've got some value from this article. Let us know your feedback 🙂 We are excited to hear your thoughts.
Did we miss something? No worries! Message us by clicking the chat icon 💬 inside the app. Or Just email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org ✌️